We have meet the cutest little boy, with the most adorable smile, and we can't wait till he comes home.
The first day we arrived in Vladivostok we met up with Rachael and Durham (not forgetting gorgeous Olive) from Living hope Vladivostok, for a traditional Russian BBQ. They work with street children, among lots of other things. This was a real high light for us, we can't wait to go back.
Some other things:
- We meet some great people at different stages of an adoption process and got to celebrate with them.
- Saw the biggest "road kill" we have ever seen! Two horses.
- Got to enjoy Russia in a warm climate, next trip it will be covered in snow.
- Saw Road rage at its finest, quite a novelty haha
- Was able to travel over the new bridges in Vlad, that were built for the Apec summit
- Saw all the excitement building getting everything ready for the summit, helicopters, more police than I have ever seen in one place.
- And the best part, was we fell in love with a gorgeous wee boy. My husband has turned to mush, and it is all he talks about. Good sign I say.
I wish I could share our little boys picture with you, but I am not allowed till he is home, so these will have to do for now.
|Little Mr V|
|Living Hope Vladivostok, by the river|
|Some of the kids, Rachael and Rachael|
|BBQ by the river.|
|Outside the orphanage|
|About to meet our son|
|One of the gorgeous churches|
|Fruit market outside orphanage|
|Lovely families celebrating passing court|
|Typical traffic in Vlad|
|View of the new bridge|
|Yes we got to drive it|
|Outside the Vlad Inn, the main place adoptive families stay|
|The park at the Inn that will be covered in snow next trip|
|Our goodbye dinner|